Sunday, July 02, 2006

Weekend roundup

Well if there's one way to describe this weekend as it draws to an end, the word would be *eventful*.

The fun and games started on Friday where we began at lunch to celebrate Kirsty's leaving of the dept to move to Physiology. This of course meant that our weekly celebratory booze-up took on a more frenetic tone as we farewelled one of the chief departmental mischief makers. And what a celebration! Some ppl who didn't normally come out were gotten appropriately pissed and we discovered many funny facts - Annie's a biter when she gets drunk!!! But that wasn't the best bit. One laments the loss of old-fashioned courting behaviour in these modern times - but someone proved us wrong as a waiter came over to our table saying that someone we didnt know at the bar had purchased a drink for one of the gals on our table (not me). WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm quite eager to see how this pans out as the gal in question is lovely and I broke my rule of not giving numeral scores to guys - he's a H2A in my opinion!

The second one...I agreed to go to an *Asian* night at Blvd. I must admit, there is some fun in getting slutted up and wearing a full face of make up but....Oh. My. God. First of all, despite rocking up at 11pm there was a massive queue outside, and one eyeful of those 12 year old skanks and gangstas told me quite a bit about the kind of crowd would be present inside. Secondly, I had to pay to get in and enjoy the company of said gangstas and skanks! Like, wtf?! And then, I don't know in which world this kind of behaviour is considered acceptable, but I do not appreciate 40 year old strangers doing dance floor groping. Luckily attention was paid to the *elbow move* or the crowd would have seen my left hook. But don't get me wrong! Despite all the crappiness, it was still kinda fun! Skank spotting always is! And I learnt a new drinking game - kinda like musical chairs.

And now tonight I'm just resting at home after a nice night/morning sleeping in and dinner with the family. Toodles!

No comments: