Sunday, July 30, 2006

You can do better!

I always find it amusing when I hear this comment in relation to boys. It often seems to be given to girls who have great looks, personality, intelligence and jobs...and her guy is given inferior ratings in about three of those categories (hi Amandine!). Possibly my favourite instance would be in the Simpsons episode where Lisa is in love with Nelson and Bart says it to her when he find outs. Never mind the fact that it is likely possible that the girl might be with/interested in the guy for reasons that cover up his flaws, e.g. he's quite charming or owns an Aston Martin DB9.

I myself received this comment last night from a friend, and you know what? I think she's right. But seeing as there is a general lack of better opposition...if you want me to do better, throw the *better* ones in my way and then everyone can be happy ;)

1 comment:

Pooey said...

moo, why u waste so much time on bloggies? you are meant to be doing your phd
stupid moo