Sunday, August 20, 2006

Another weekend roundup!

I've had a full weekend this week. After last week's debacle, I decided not to drink....much.

On Friday, I had managed to stick to my resolution. Despite the free booze at afterworks drinks, I managed to meet Li-Hsia and Mondz for dinner at Hairy Canary completely devoid of alcohol in my system. One plate of tagliatelle (Li), risotto (Mondz) and lamb pizza (for me) later, we headed down to Bourke St. where we checked out a new shop dedicated completely to asian dvds! If you think about it, its surprising that no one thought to fill up that giant hole in the market before! And being a store full of asian products, engrish was present - I was much amused to find the box set of Jet Li's *Classil* films. We three then went down to the concert hall to listen to a performance of Shostakovich's Symphony number 7. It was highly enjoyable...although I must confess that I did fall asleep a little bit in the first movement. *blush* We then met up with Ian, Shan, and Franco in Wing Loong for supper before heading out to Section 8 for some drinks. I realised that I'd have to take the midnight bus to get home, but fortuitously found that my brother was still around and scummed a lift home from him, arriving home at 1am.

Unfortch, I had to be at uni by 10am for a killer 3 hour session on the con-focal. I was already feeling pretty crap but my mood was improved by the *flawless* reverse park I did on Barry st. If only there were someone there to witness it *sigh*. The only highlights of the confocal session are that I've now got some data to post here soon and that I managed to turn the place into my own personal disco as since there was no one around, I could pump mp3s at full blast! Beautiful Carmencita and I then met up for a frenzied shopping session to find her a dress for a ball next Friday. I am pleased to announce that we were successful and she's wearing a sexy silver leopard print dress!

Saturday night...geez, it was like one of the benders of old! After pushing Lydia to stop procrastinating, we headed out Fed Sq. and Time Out where I sunk a frangelico, lime & soda while we waited for Turdy, Ash, and Marlene (drink count - 1). After everyone arrived, we headed into Transport where we, INCLUDING 29-yo Turdy - who might I say looked mighty hot and not her usual casual self - were asked to show our ID. With an average age of 24...the incident was highly amusing. Here I sunk 2 gin and tonics (drink count 3). We then moved back to Time Out to wait for Marina & her friend Heather. We all had some cocktails here, although we were amazed to hear the waitress tell Ash that they had run out of mint and would he like his mojito without mint. Mojito without mint?! That's just rum and lime! I had a lotus...some kind of champagne cocktail - quite strong (drink count 4). Since we were on that end of the city and Marlene wanted to dance, we hied over to Bambu where no one was dancing, but we managed to snag a good amount of couch area and I managed to down a f,l & s and a couple of vodka crans (drink count 7). According to Turdy, some guy was checking out my fishnet and booted legs...but I didn't see him and he didn't make himself known to me so he couldn't be marked off on the list of things to make a night almost complete - getting hit on by a stranger. This problem was solved at the next location, and last for me and Lydia, Apartment. Some weirdo tried the old "So, where are you from?" line, to which I succinctly replied, "Melbourne." He then tried a different tack, "So, where are your parents from?" only to receive "Melbourne"...and then Lydia and Marlene made me change seats. To make the night complete, me and Lydia then got souvlakis at 2am from Stalactites - that's gold!

All that drinking really screwed us over come Sunday morning. We had to be at various places pretty early. I attended a bbq where I had to keep my sunglasses on due to the bright sun and the dark circles around my eyes. I then went back to uni for Open Day where I just kinda sat around with Fowler and Poole and we deflected questions onto other ppl. And now I've just come back from picking up my sister from the airport.

A full weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mally, I was just reading ur blog... dude, I miss you so much I think I'm going to cry =(