Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Roland Mouret Galaxy Dress

If you've spoken to me about fashion within the last year, you may have heard me wax on about Roland Mouret's Galaxy Dress (pictured).The thing about it's name is that due to the cut and the bodice being boned and lined with fabric that was previously used in girdles, the dress gives the wearer a nipped-waist hourglass figure - flattering a *galaxy* of female body types. Of course, the model wearing the dress is here is Carmen Kass...the kind of gal who could wear a potato sack and still look good in it.

Retailing at 800 pounds, the design was naturally soon pirated and soon appeared in a number of shops in varying colours and level of quality. So, how do the knock-offs stand up compared to the original and do they produce the same result? Pictured below is me wearing an $85
knock-off which didn't have lining, although it is made of an elasticised fabric.Overall, I would say that I'm somewhat satisfied with the dress, and even though it didn't turn me into Carmen Kass, some people did give me a double-take when I wore it around uni.

Feel free to post comments! I've changed the settings so anyone can post now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alice, Alice, I NEED a dress for the ball!!! Ahhhh :s