Thursday, May 31, 2007

Birthday dinner at Bluefire

I was persuaded that an appropriate celebration for the ending of my life would be to eat as much meat as I could on Tightarse Tuesday at Bluefire Grill (Melb Central). So that's what we did. I would like to thank everyone who made the effort to come on a cold Tuesday night, especially Kimmy who made the ultimate sacrifice of eating as much as she could....before going to indoor soccer at 10pm. I hope you were ok and didn't vomit in the goalsquare like Dirty Roy and Kahoons were telling you do.

Unfortunately, the rules of Bluefire are that you can't have more than 15 people/booking. Adey and I decided to get around this by booking two tables in each of our names and split the groups between ACB (his table) and non-ACB (my table). This backfired because they sat us on different sides of the restaurant - him with his full table of ACB-ers and me with Sharon while my late non-ACB friends straggled up. Except for Icey. He decided that since he had already taken his pants off, he wasn't coming to bluefire.

Anyway, here are some photos from DancingHula showing ACB shenanigans - I forgot my camera.

Pre-drinks at the Lion

Everybody ignores the entree of bread and dips

Rees lab sitting politely

John IT and Ash get ready for food...
...only to concede defeat later
Trying to get the food servers' attention
Kirsty tries to make the msg a bit more obvious.
Alas, no photos of the food were taken (sorry Pooey!) or of the other table (sorry guys!) but I guarantee you, a fun night was had by all...although the rest of the night was a bit uncomfy as it seems we all had to sleep on our sides like pregnant women.

No comments: