Friday, May 18, 2007

Crappy song that I love

Everyone defines a crappy song differently. Few songs are almost unanimously considered crappy. Right now I'm listening to Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh. With few exceptions (hi Tina!) this song is regarded as one of the crappiest songs around for its cliched words and that whispered *I love you* at the end. It is considered so crappy that it was featured on Supernatural (a show I ADORE!) as the song that aliens used for slowdancing.

But for all its perceived crappiness, I LOVE THIS SONG! I can't help but revel in its glorious saccharine emotion. Everybody has a song that they love that everyone hates. Whether its by the Vengaboys (ugh) or Hinder (double ugh!) its ok.

Actually, love of that song by Hinder is enough for me to send you to hell.

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

well, I'm not sure we're gonna find many ppl who will admit to loving it now that they know it'll get 'em a bullet in the guts