Saturday, May 12, 2007

The last few days

Well another week comes to a close *sigh*. I'm writing this at unes right now as I wait for a repeat of one of the lost experiments to finish. Apart from threatening to slaughter people like pigs, it's been commented that I'm awfully calm for someone who has lost a great deal of data. I say, accept it and move on.

In other news, I went to Lydia and Marina's place on Thurs night to discuss the itinerary of the Great European Trip 2007 and to partake in the glorious feast that my hosts prepared for dinner. And it was GLORIOUS. Lydia's Pumpkin salad, mashed potatoes, and lamb and green bean casserole. While we were too impatient to eat it aft
er the 2-something hours it was meant to be in the oven, the lamb was so tender, so succulent....I just know that the day after portions would have been awesome. I wish I took a photo. Lydia and I bashed out which days were going to be spent where and it put me in a good mood for the rest of the week as everytime someone mentioned *Europe*, it would put me into great fits of excitement!

Friday also marked the last Melbourne drinks night
with the Grand Empress - her account of drinks is in that link. While she went off to celebrate with her family, Maybo, Kahuna, Dirty Roy, Fokmeister & two friends, and I went to Singapore ChomChom for dins, followed by exploring the DVD shop across the road where I bought a Teresa Teng concert DVD for mumsie. Incidentally, Mum thinks she might already have it :( BUT NOT ON DVD!!!! I then went and killed Dirty Roy in the Wii RayMan target game thing.

We met up again with the Empress at Jwow wine bar where she tried to explain the concept of the Circle to Dirty Roy. I maintain that so long as Pooey says I am not Circle, I am not Circle. But the Grand Empress pointed out that her word can not be contested...so yeah. While this was happening, Searnsy came along and he asked if he was Circle to which she said no. Her reasoning, and she said this may also apply to me, is that we have many (i.e. non-Circle) friends - her implication being that Kahuna has no other friends. As you can imagine, this was rather amusing and a lot of backpedalling was done :P

We then proceded to take some silly photos and here is me and Searn.
Gotta love the *wtf do you think you're doing face*
The Grand Empress thinks she might go to BLVD tonight...I'll reserve whether I also attend although I never did make it to her *Lavish* spiritual home. :P If I dont make it (which is likely), have a great time in Thailand with Martina, shake up the London crowd, and see y'all in September, Empress!!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks babe! I should learn not to talk when I drink. I have no recollection of that converstaion. Convenient blackout :)

Grand Empress xox

P/S. Did we actually go to every new bar in Melbourne? Hmmm.....