Monday, March 31, 2008

Maroon5 concert or how Adam Levine made sexy eye contact with me...

... and then admitted it was part of the act but that it was weird to do it here because there were a lot of guys in the audience.

Bloody hell, what have I been doing for the last week?
There was a lot of eating and working and not much time for blogging :( The weekend was pretty full-on too, kicking off with (longer than I expected) drinks on Friday with the PhDs and then Pooey and Spuey while they were still in town, before kicking onto the Raymanda Wedding on Saturday and then the Maroon5 concert with Dr. Nance.

Anyway, she managed to get us tickets that allowed us to be present at the sound check. We believe something went very wrong here because it was held up by almost an hour and the reps admitted things were a little NQR. This showed because when we met the band they did seem a little cranky, with Adam at one point even decribing the
sound as *brittle*. But they were still gracious enough to take their photos with us. While I went through and shook hands with all of them, Dr. N was engaged in convo with Mickey and Jesse (who are really nice) for a while to the point that when their rep said it was time to take the photo, she just grabbed me even though I was trying to insinuate myself into their hug line.

Us blocking Matt

Anyway, there were two official supporting acts, Brandi Carlisle (who I've never heard of but did a nice rendition of Radiohead's Creep) and OneRepublic (who we have all heard of now). Oh, Dr. N managed to get us front row centre seats so they really were that close in our pictures

Adam doing his thing.

Dr. N's new favourite, Mickey.

Jesse at the keys

The audience putting their mobile phones up for *Won't go home without you*


Video of most of *She will be loved* (sound quality not great)


If I had to complain, I'd say the show was a little short, about 1.25 - 1.5 hours? Where was *Sweetest Goodbye* or *Must Get Out*? Ah well. I still had hella fun and we sang our way back to her place to crash!

SETLIST

Little Of Your Time
Makes Me Wonder
Harder To Breathe
The Sun
Can't Stop
Secret / In The Air Tonight
Shiver
Wake Up Call
Sunday Morning
Won't Go Home Without You
This Love

-Encore
If I Never See Your Face Again
She Will Be Loved

2 comments:

Mishymoo said...

Is Adam as cute in person as he is on TV? I didn't know you were going to meet them...u cow

mallymoodle said...

He looks the same in person as he does on tv. And he's pretty damn sexy live suffer :P