Sunday, March 09, 2008

Oh Hai!

Well peeps, how y'all doing? I've been down on the distinct drop-off in the regularity of my postings. Truly. It makes me wonder whether I'm becoming what I never ever wanted to be - a mindless, colourless drone. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo I must retain my opinions on everything and anything!!!!

Anyway, I have identified possible reasons why I'm becoming less interesting. Top is what I do. Seriously, the research world is not that interesting. People at work comment from time to time on my continued enthusiasm for finding papers in my pigeon hole and receiving packages. I say to them that finding joy in everyday things can stop the spirit from being crushed. They say that they await the eventual crushing of my spirit. Cynical, so cynical. In addition to this is the change my project. I was formerly spending hours on microscopes what were hooked up to computers that allowed me to blog while the mic/comp did it's funky thing. I'm now mostly doing cultured cells which are imaged on a mic not hooked up to the net. It is a long and boring process that doesn't produce the pritty pritty data I used to churn out and post from time to time. *sigh*

Secondly is the change in what I do. I've gone back to drinking again and that pretty much describes my weekends. When was the last time I saw a movie?! I was conversing with one of Spuey's friends and he asked me what was the last movie I saw when I mentioned I had not seen ANY of this year's Best Picture Nominees (seriously, I don't think this has happened for at least the last 10 years). I think I was slightly embarrassed to say that the last movie I saw was 27 Dresses - I know he was slightly horrified! But the French Film Fest is here and I'll try to see something. ANYTHING!!!

Exercise...everything is pretty much the same. I still go to Pilates. Glen doesn't pick on me as much anymore, although he did mention to me that while I may not be the best practitioner in the class and my abs are not made of steel, he has noted an improvement and I have been attending for two years now and should therefore move to a different (higher class). I haven't taken up indoor rock climbing properly yet so there are no new sports (and interesting bruises) to comment on.

Hmm, this has been a really boring and pointless blog. The next entry will be about Liz & Chris' wedding.

No comments: