Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I am boring

Sorry for the lack of updates to my (very few) faithful readers. Life has gotten quite boring for me lately. I spent all weekend pretty much hanging out with my illicit lover, Pascal. Illicit because it defies the laws of just about everything. Mmmmm-hmmm, I spent 8 hours with him and Saturday and then followed it up with 4.5 hours on Sunday by which time I finally cracked it and told him that we were clearly spending too much time together and needed a break but not a break up.

But the really annoying thing is that the software that takes the photographs is programmed to save the files as .lsm (challenge to the nerds who read this, based on this information, which company made Pascal?). This means that for every photo I take, I have to spend extra time converting them to .tif so I can use them in programmes such as ImageJ and Photoshop. Considering that I have 6 slides, on each slide there are 6 sections, each section requires 12 photographs, that equals 432 photos to be altered and 1296 more times my sanity, fleeting though it may be, is challenged.

However I (hope) I am reaching the end of this particular study and my sanity can return to normal, and then receive further challenge while I finish everything else in a whirl of manic action!

No comments: