Sunday, August 24, 2008

More drinks

After the fun of last Friday's drinks, we decided to do it again.
(If any members of the SBA are reading, yes, that's a reference to you know what.)

To rectify the dinner problem of last week, we booked
a table this time around. So dumplings at the new dumpling place - worth a 45 minute wait? Hell no!!! The dumplings didn't have enough meat in them for one, and the fried dumplings were fried on one uniform side! It was as if they took the dumplings, put them on a frypan and just left them there. And don't get me started in the xiao long bao. Wrong wrong wrong. That's not to say some of the things they served weren't tasty - the handmade noodles were a nice touch. But overall, I rate it a 5-6/10. It's okay and the noodle sizes were large but as a dumpling place, the decor is lovely.

Onto the bars. Unforch my absolutely appalling week and weekend meant I couldn't make myself get into the mood for a bender. *sigh*. Research, think carefully as to whether you want to enter it as a career field because no one tells you about those hours of weekend work. After the bouncer debacle of last week, we decided to pretend not to know each other and managed to get into Toff as three pairs rather than one group of six. I had a lovely grenache from the Cotes du Rhone here. It was very smooth.

Enjoying my grenache - Pooey, I'm totally wearing that Primmy headband

Later we went to Cho Gaos where we scored a nice place on the balcony which provided me with a great view of the lit up State Library.

The Library

Clockwise from L - Me, Gordon, Annamac, QQ

Me, QQ, and Handbag

I recall ordering some glasses of shiraz here for me and QQ and when the bartender gave them to us, the wine was WAAAAAAAAYYYYY over the little line. It was fantastic :D

We then re-organised some furniture at RedLove, before going to Seamstress where I have given an absolutely disgusting cocktail. It smelt like rosewater and tasted like turpentine. Very disappointing. Since I had a date with Pascal at 10am, I had to leave before midnight. It wasn't too bad and I was only 30 minutes late.
Drinks count - 6.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Callie does it again...


and again...


and again :D

Mwah xxx

Anonymous said...

Callie - I had no idea that you drink absinthe-based cocktail ;)

Must say - your blog is really entertaining - serious.

cheers!

eM said...

the new dumpling place you mention - would that be where Morning Glory used to be? and then it became a Shanghai restaurant before being rebranded as Dumpling Place?

you should go to Noodle Kingdom for dumplings instead ;)