Sunday, August 17, 2008

Reunion

Wow...10 years since I finished high school. Of course, you could also read it as 10 years of which I have been at uni. Regardless, it was pointed out that while I had no particular desire to see people whom I had not seen in a decade, it wasn't as though I had anything to be ashamed of in the last 10 years (well, maybe the length of time I've been at uni :D), so off I went.

The school is pretty much as I remembered. In fact, the sensation of walking through the grounds and various buildings was almost eerie - as though time hadn't passed. It was also amusing to see that construction continues at the school - I discussed the fact that the school must have a plan to keep tradies on site as a means to:
  • 1. Provide eye candy on campus so the girls attend rather class rather than hang out at the station, and
  • 2. Sort out which girls can ignore the tradies and continue studying from the ones who may be trouble and shunted off to other schools.
It was also nice to see the buildings or as it has been called - what my fees paid for. We also found that it doesn't matter if a church is renovated, it always retains that musty church smell.

But what did I really think? Honestly? I felt no sudden epiphany or rapport with those I hadn't seen in 10 years. In fact, I was equally amused and unsurprised to find the girls who hung out with each other in school automatically reformed their groups at the reunion. If anything, while I don't feel as though I lost anything by attending (other than precious baking time), neither do I feel I gained anything. Let us see in another 10 years

No comments: