Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm boring

Scientific research is not an unfulfilling occupation. Everyday is different, there's a high level of satisfaction that you're not part of an evil empire, the people are by and large quite nice, there's a high level of autonomy as there is rarely an immediate superior looking over your shoulder, tea breaks are plentiful, and telling drunks what you do for a living is a great way of repelling wankers. Having said that, there is a big problem.

You know, there used to be a time when I was considered interesting. There was my general weirdness combined with my verbal diarrhoea and ability to converse on any given topic at a time. However, the more I work as a scientist, the more boring I'm becoming. Serious. It seems all I do nowadays is fret about my work, and sit on microscopes. And my work is stuff that I've given up talking to people about because it's pretty mind-numbing. Yes, it is. I can barely talk about things like history or politics or theories of stuff...my perspicacity is shot to pieces! In addition, I'm becoming decidedly less opinionated and more apathetic about stuff. This is not right!!!

But seriously people, what can be done to rectify this horrifying turn of events?

1 comment:

Ez said...

Um, get out more? LoL

I dunno.