Monday, August 11, 2008

Work-free weekend round up!

Oh, it felt damn good to know that I wasn't going to be spending 12 hours on Pascal this past weekend. It was downright sweet. So what did I do with my suddenly empty time?

Well firstly, I did something I haven't done in a while. Yes, I went to the art gallery. That is, I went to the art gallery that is in Melb rather than one in Europe. So Gnoudesavanes and I attempted to have a French lesson there but it basically boiled down to us just saying 'eh, c'est joli/e!* Oh yes, I also started speaking French as though it were merely English with a French accent - I called a clock (une horloge) a bell (une cloche). Think about it.

Since that didn't work, we went to a bar where he bought a French beer and my lesson was to read the label out loud while he corrected my pronounciation. That didn't really work either because 1. It was pretty loud in there so we couldn't hear each other and 2. It was also pretty dark so we had to strain to read the bottle. So we gave that up and I gave him an impromptu tour of Melb bars. In one of the places we went, there was a bed as one of the places you could sit, and I SWEAR, that bed used to belong to Miss Pooky! (Hi Miss Pooky!)

And then I went home to sleep and it was fitful and not haunted by images of glia burned into my retinae.

Then on Sunday I thought it was my 10 year HS reunion. It wasn't, so instead I crashed at my friend's place for a few hours. That was fun too and I had some chocolate covered strawberries. Nums.

Okay, that is all.

No comments: