Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Don't speak to me...well, give me time to digest before you do anyway :(

I'll admit that when the news that AC Milan had sold Kaka to Real Madrid did not appear in the news on Monday AEST (as I was expecting), I was happy thinking that it was all rumour-mongering. Then I checked the news this morning and all my dreams and hopes were dashed.

Oh Kaka :( What does this mean for Milan and Serie A in general? For Milan it is both negative and positive. Okay selling off your youngish midfielders isn't the greatest way to go
(they also sold Lashes Gourcuff to Bordeaux) and the loss of Paolo Maldini weakens the team incredibly, but on the other hand, selling him for a CRAZY €70m+ range (full cost not disclosed yet) means that they are getting a huge cash injection as well as not having to pay his astronomical wages. Wages that were well spent in my opinion, but still...I just hope they use the money to get some good players and not waste it on buying more old ones...*cough Becks cough*.

It also means the loss of this kind of hottie action but you know, at least I can console myself that he's not going to Man City, he's just adding to the really hotness of Really Hot Madrid. Maybe he and mi marido will do something pleasing. Joint press conferences/modelling opportunities! :D

For Serie A, this is a bad, bad thing because it pretty much confirms the Italian League as third place behing the EPL and La Liga. Already weakened by the Calciopoli rigging scandal of 2006, it's never good to have an efflux of the best players in their prime to other leagues. And given the weak showing of the Italians in this years' Champions League...poor Caramelbear :(

On the other hand, this probably means that CRonaldo will probably stay with Man Utd. I think that makes me happy. Maybe. And I'm glad I didn't spend all those euros to get that Milan Kaka shirt that I was considering about 3 months ago. That DEFINITELY makes me happy :D

And so, I would like to welcome Kaka to Galaticos Mk II. Stay classy. Besos :)

No comments: