Sunday, June 07, 2009

Thesis writing fail

Another week, another thesis chapter due. Once it became apparent to myself that there was NO WAY I could get a chapter in by Friday, I went over and told the boss who said she hadn't read the last chapter I gave her and she was taking the long weekend off anyway.

So yay, I had this weekend to write! Except being the long weekend, parties got lined up and it turned out that Saturday was my only non-party day (through choice).

And then instead of writing, I decided to mega-clean my room. Seriously, given how little time I spend here and even then, I'm mostly sleeping, how did it get so dirty? Some laundering and clothes folding, wardrobe weeding, and furniture moving later, I was ready to start vacuuming...and then I got The Call (well, the msn msg) from Suboo asking if I wanted to go to Shoppo for some stocktake sale shopping.

HELL YEAH!!!

I got these Kate Spade kitten heels which were 50% off and which Mischka has described as being straight out of The Wizard of Oz! Mmmmm, patent red leather :D

Then once I got home, I commenced vacuuming and reshuffled some of my book shelves, then decided that I needed to make some anti-moth bags for my wardrobe (some cloves, lavender, mothballs and eucalyptus oil in a little cloth bag). And then I decided to file away some documents and reshuffle more books. So now my room is kinda clean and smelling like the roses ...but I got not writing done. It's now 12:30am on Sunday. Fail!

4 comments:

IMM said...

I want those shoes!
Drool, drool, drool.

SuBoo said...

So not fail - you got those SHOES!! :D

Rachie said...

Get those shoes out of your room Mallymoodle. They deserve to be shown off. I'm way jealous!

Vanilla Bear said...

Sexy shooooes!