Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saving money fail...or WIN!!!

I've been working slightly more than usual lately - being called in to cover for people who are ill or having to work more because people want more work done within a shorter amount of time. This has meant that
  1. By being paid by the hour, I am able to charge more hours than usual!
  2. Full time work is kinda annoying because I've gotten used to being able to leave uni whenever I felt like it
  3. But I'm going to receive slightly more money when I look at my bank account!
And you know, with the sales currently on it's been difficult to not to go nuts in anticipation of having money. I feel I've been quite restrained in the grand scheme of things. Other than the metal lizard shoes, I've only spent $50 on stockings and another $70 on books. The restraint pretty was shot this week, although to be fair, the items I bought were mostly on sale so we can all decide whether it was a win or a fail!

Believe it or not, despite my love of red and my love of strapless dresses, I don't own a strapless red dress. This has now been rectified.


Alannah Hill Roses Everywhere! frock with AH Hug me Slowly belt.
I didn't intend on buying anything but I was killing time while Suboo was getting her makeup done. I tried this dress on and decided to buy it...and was then pleasantly surprised to discover a discount on top of already discounted frocks for a total discount of close to 50%!

Ma wanted to go shopping after dropping Pooey off a l'aeroporto so we chugged on down to DFO. I finally got myself a new clutch purse because although it has served me well for the last 4 years (I think), I've recently began to feel it was time to retire faithful purple.

And that's how I got crocodile red.
All purses were $75 or a discount of more than 50%. When she entered the store and saw me holding three purses, upon being told that they were $75 each, Ma asked if I was going to buy all three. Kekeke.

So yes. While perhaps not the greatest week for savings, have I not ultimately saved? I will say this though - one last shopping go this season might be required because I have to finally concede that one of my pairs of jeans is definitely too large and actually it looks quite terrible. Any volunteers to help me find a pair?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

iz naice!!!!

Mother of Danny said...

I use a long purse too and love it! It's nice to have all the notes flat......hehe......sad. oh, and i like displaying all my cards and not doubling them up in their slots. small things....small things...