Monday, June 07, 2010

World Cup Hotties...and an Ugly :(

So! The 2010 World Cup starts on June 11 (yay! and eep!) and to celebrate, I was going to write a post profiling one hot player from each team. Unfortunately, my knowledge of the players on certain teams (e.g. North Korea, Algeria) is not fantastic and the various supplements I've read don't seem to have headshots of teams. The FIFA site does for some teams but not for teams you'd think would have profile pics up such as France and Germany, much to my surprise (but they do for North Korea?!) .

So I've decided to make a hot list based purely on various profile shots that I could find and personal requests from various friends who wanted particular players included in this list (Hai VB! Hai Nance!).

Argentina - Gonzalo (Gonzo) Higuain
The love of vanillabear's life...maybe :P

Australia - Tim Cahill
Sorry, he didn't pose shirtless for his official pic

Brazil - Kaka
So fresh, so clean

Cote d'Ivoire - Yaya Toure
I don't think he's particularly hot, but it amuses me how he looks like you are his enemy and he will get you

Denmark - Niklas Bendtner
Damn Bendtner! (aka pantless Nicky)

England - Fabio Capello
Seriously, after looking at the squad and then seeing Don Fabio pimping it in his profile pic, even KH agreed he was the hottie of the team

France - Yoann Gourcuff
Lashes

Germany - Manuel Neuer
Like a Rolf...okay probably not the best comparison

Italy - Fabio Cannavaro
Cannagrin :(

Mexico - Carlos Vela
Apple Thief

South Africa - Bongani Khumalo
Dimples!...although he kinda looks like 50cent...

Spain - Iker Casillas
My husband the Conquistador

USA - Carlos Bocanegra
Not the best pic of him - the video explains it much better (turn off the sound)




So for those of you are not fans of the game, I hope this has made you all look forward to it! If I've missed anyone or you flat out disagree, feel free to voice your opinions! And in all sense of fairness, I feel I need to include one Ugly to balance the Hot.

Italy - Andrea Pirlo
Poor guy, beaten with the ugly stick

4 comments:

SuBoo said...

I feel there are better Kaka pics around....

mallymoodle said...

There are much MUCH better pic...but I wanted to try and make them profile-y rather than posed

Lynn said...

Yoann guy is hot. lol.

Vanilla Bear said...

Ok LOL Capello! He does look super BAMF there <3

But YES! Gonzo is the love of my life! I had to do a double take when I saw him here, so winsome and full of schex, nnngh gimme!