Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hail fail

Tuesday was a night of awesomeness and heartbreak. Firstly, I went to the gym and managed to row 2000m in 10:06. Personal best! Now all I have to do is cut off those last 6 seconds!

Anyway, it was steadily raining as I left and I decided that since I wore Dunlop Volleys in to work, I would remain in my gym clothes on the way to meet with the brother at Borders cos I knew they'd get soaked. As I strolled down Tin Alley, the rain got harder and I decided to run to the Physics building. It then started to hail. Oddly enough, it seems I've never been caught in a hailstorm before because I never realised being hit by hail is like having people form a circle and then throw a constant stream of gravel at you. IT HURT!!! And holding an umbrella did nothing because it was coming in sideways! I then decided to use the Physics Building wall as a windbreak rather than try to run for the bridge.

I huddled under the bridge and decided to ring brother to find out the status. He was 10 minutes away so I decided I may as well keep on walking to Borders *sigh*. That was when I dropped my phone into a pile of hail. And then it died :( With a dead phone, I was unable to phone and say *change of plan!* so I kept walking.

The hail piles

But as I was walking, I had to periodically stop because my gym pants are elasticised and they were now so soaked with water that they kept falling down! And because I was stopping, they were getting more wet! And constantly falling down!!!

I did eventually get home with my shoes squelching so I took them off and placed them in front of a heater. About 30 minutes later I found out that my shoes had a sponge core - and that drying them basically shrunk my left shoe :( This actually upset me more than breaking my phone because the phone was five years old while my shoes were only four months gone! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. So I this means I won't be going to the gym and getting down to 10 minutes any time soon :(

No comments: