Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Daiso!

On Sunday, Pooey and I also ventured out to Victoria St. to get poison pork rolls, a little plastic stool, and to check out the new Daiso store. Now, I had ever heard of Daiso. Pooey explained that it's a chain of 100 yen stores from Japan that sell all items within the store for (naturally) 100 yen, or approximately $AUD1! Now...turns out Daiso Australia are not selling products at an equitable price, instead items all items were $2.80. Still cheap and this crazy cheapness was seen when we visited!

On the way to Daiso, I ran into Carmie's sis who told me that the queue was crazy! Me and Pooey were a bit, "Errr....a queue?!?!?!" and sure enough, there was a queue to enter the store! Pooey's instincts quickly kicked in and she applied her strict shopping principles to the store. It was necessary because, as I observed, Daiso really was like Primmy; crowds of people, crap dropped everywhere, stuff stacked in various places...it was good! And like Primmy, me and Poos picked up lots of random crap that we probably didn't need but combined with the price and general frenzy around us, ended up buying almost $50 worth of stuff. And then ANOTHER queue to pay for the goodies!

 
Pooey, still rich after her shopping spree with cashier queue in the background.  

So what did we purchase? I can't remember what Pooey got but I picked up
  • A laundry bag
  • A lavender-scented bag for repelling bugs when stored with clothes
  • A LED torch on a lanyard
  • A mini penlight
  • A vacuum-sealing clothes bag
  • A photoframe
  • A face-washer
  • Chopsticks with a case
  • Toiletry travel kit
With the exception of the vacuum-sealing bag which failed miserably, I think everything we got may work! Yay for bargains!

5 comments:

Pooey said...

I cant remember what I got. Same stuff as you plus a toe separator and darjeeling lollies.. which dammit, I left at home.

SuBoo said...

Hmmm so would one need to get there early to avoid the mad weekend rush?

mallymoodle said...

Hai Suboo! I think our after lunch arrival wasn't too bad. But it might help, yes.

KH said...

omg... awesomeness!

Unknown said...

I have to go!!