Sunday, November 07, 2010

Dress poll results and Stakes Day in general!

So for people who were wondering which option I went for following the poll, here are the results!

That's right, I went for the black/white combo accessorised with my frilly parasol to keep even more sun off! At some points we had TV cameramen in our face, I think as a result of the parasol...it was kinda awkward.

Anyway, it was a glorious spring day and a great one for watching the horsies and the crowd in general. 
 

I've never been to Stakes Day before (kids day) but it was so nice and relaxed and not too crowded! We rocked up just after the first race and still managed to pick out a nice patch of land between the 100m mark and finish line - real estate that we wouldn't have been able to walk through on any other race day!

 
 That's right, finish line right there!!!

Now because I was too happy eating the picnic, reading my racebook, placing (losing) bets, watching the horses and then cursing them when they didn't place, I didn't take many photos. To atone for this, here are the few pics interspersed with others ripped from various fb pages! 

 
Racebook reading fail!

 
Dan and Lydia enjoy some champers...

and then enjoys a calippo with Mischka. 

With Nickachu...

 And then with Peing, Kasia, K-War, and err...some random guys.

 And so to finish, a great day was had by all and a great evening too as we reconvened to Ratna's place to scoff down more (real) champagne! I even think even sunhater me acquired a light tan before heading off to the dark Bavarian winter!

Der Käse!!!

No comments: