Monday, December 13, 2010

The Awesome and the Craptastic.

The Awesome: I'm not a great lover of hot weather, and the snow is very beautiful. I'm still mildly fascinated by watching snow fall and trudging through it when it's soft and puffy.The Craptastic: When snow goes sludgy, muddy, and icy, it's #$@!%ng annoying! And it really stuffs up the public transport (bus) system.


The Awesome: My village is quite small and cute and is serviced by the S-bahn and some bus routes. My current accom is only a few minutes walk away from both!
The Craptastic: Despite being only 7km away from the 'Stute, I need to take TWO buses to get to work! And then on Monday, after a heavy snow, what normally takes about 20 minutes took TWO AND A HALF HOURS. I could have walked the distances faster than that and kept warm to boot!


The Awesome: Being in Europe, I'm surrounded by European-styling and products in the shops. I may have already bought myself several things. 
The Craptastic: Shops close at 8pm?!?! Department stores, okay, that's fine. But supermarkets?!?! I forgot that I needed to buy some shampoo and by the time I realised, it was too late!


The Awesome: When I opened my bank account, they automatically gave me 50 euros.
The Craptastic: I haven't received the PIN yet to actually access my money! And all the mail I get is in German! Who would have thunk it? :P


No doubt I will think of more goodness and crappy things as they come along.

No comments: