Thursday, December 23, 2010

General rundown

Here's a quick summary of what's been happening in the last week when I couldn't write in this blog:

1. Despite being what is apparently the coldest start to winter in I don't know how many years (everyone keeps saying snow at this time of year isn't normal), I think I've been handling it quite well! The sole exceptions were when the S-bahn to my village broke down but they kept telling us it was coming in 25 minutes and I ended up waiting for over an hour, after which I ended up calling someone to get me. The other exception was when I was an hour late to a meeting because it took me 2.5 hours to travel 7km from the village to work. I can walk at a steady 6kmh - I could have walked that faster! Okay, lets say in snow/ice I will walk at half that speed - I STILL could have walked that faster!

2. But its okay, I've found somewhere to live inside the city! Okay, it's not in one of the beautiful Altbaus (old buildings) of Schwabing: 


 Believe it or not, I had an interview for a room in that building with the round tower! 
Alas, not actually in the tower.
but its in the next suburb over! No more waiting for the S-bahn!

3. After Toshi died, I went out and got a smartphone. And no, it's not an iPhone. I'm still looking for a replacement toshi though :(

4. I bought a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in German. Let the learning commence!

No comments: