Sunday, December 26, 2010

Things you eat when you're alone - München Edition

I think I've been pretty good about what I've been eating while in this city. I've generally been making myself scratch dinners - albeit huge servings of them because I haven't quite mastered cooking for one, and then astounding people at work who don't realise that my moderately small size hides a stomach of ten kings - but still, I think I've been pretty good at avoiding foods that are too bad.

That was until this week.

I was supposed to meet a girl to look at her spare room at the time of 8:30pm. Due to various bus and train linkages I had to make, I calculated that I would not have time to leave Neuherberg, go to Unterschleissheim, eat dinner, then return to Maxvorstadt/Schwabing in time for the meeting, and so I decided to just go to the city straight from work. This then resulted in the problem of what to get for dinner. I didn't feel like standing in the cold and eating a (very delicious) bratwurst and I lacked the funds to go somewhere expensive. So I fell back on that old friend to homeless people in need, Maccas. I got a Happy Meal (mit ketchup for my frites) because apparently small cheeseburger meals don't exist in this country! And I sat inside, happily playing with my (H)Teecee.

Oh, and here's the toy I got.
How appropriate!

1 comment: