Friday, December 17, 2010

Lebkuchen

So when I met up with Chris to go to the Englischer Garten Xmas Market, he asked me the (silly) question, "Do you like gingerbread and marzipan?" Heh. When I responded in the positive, he said I needed to get some lebkuchen at a very good stall in the market. 

To quote wiki, Lebkuchen is a traditional biscuit baked for Christmas and can contain all kinds of ingredients. We went to the Wimmer stall which smelled delicious and had HEAPS of different lebkuchens for about 2.5o€ each, or a multipack containing the most popular ones for just under 9. My reaction: "AWESOME!!!! Buy more for cheaper!" Chris' reaction: "WTH?! That's so expensive, there's a bakery near my place that makes them much cheaper!" Needless to say, I bought the multipack for us to split but he said I should eat them all because he could get them from the cheaper shop.  

I took them to work where I am slowly sharing them with my workmates because at 10cm in diameter, they're really for sharing. Their reaction when I showed them the bag: "AWESOME!!!" and as we started eating them: "THESE ARE REALLY GOOD!" as well as the observation that I had clearly bought some really expensive ones because they are AWESOME. I'll confess, each time I ate a piece I actually thought, "I love Muenchen." Such is the power of lebkuchen. 

1 comment:

Pooey said...

Bring some back for me fanks