Monday, February 21, 2011

A Morning On The Tube.

One always hears stories about criminals  in London - from relatively benign pickpockets to the streetfights and stabbings. I figure part of the way to make sure you not be a victim of crime is to never keep anything precious in your pockets and limit hanging around dodgy areas. Despite these cautious rules, I was nearly a victim of crime in London!


Another reason why I went to London this past weekend was to purchase various things I have since discovered I can not purchase in Munich. Things like The Original Source Mint and Tea-Tree shampoo and firm pillows. I will concede I probably could purchase these things in Munich (particularly the pillows) but knowing that I was going back to London, I figured I could just get them there.


The night after arriving, I used a pillow that Smee told me came from Primmy. It was a nice, firm, memory foam pillow and I figured that since I was going to Primmy anyway, I may as well purchase one. One of my Primmy purchases was a suitcase that I was going to use to transport my bottles of shampoo and pillow back to Munich, and I put the pillow inside the suitcase to wheel back to Poo and Smee's place. 


Because I had adhered to Pooey's Rules of Primmy Shopping, it was still quite early when I left and there was plenty of space on the Tube. I put my suitcase + pillow by the carriage doors and sat myself next to it on the other side of the glass partition, with my hand in between the pole and glass grasping the suitcase bars. As I travelled away from Marble Arch, more people naturally boarded the tube and didn't sit down but it never reached the levels of true crowdedness.  And then suddenly as we pulled into a stop and the doors opened, I felt a jerk on my suitcase! I naturally grasped it back and looked up at the person standing next to my suitcase. It was an ordinary looking woman of uncertain age. We momentarily looked at each other and she proceeded to exit the carriage. It took me a while to process exactly what had happened. 


BITCH TRIED TO STEAL MY SUITCASE!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep. Londoners are horrible. Not their fault. Most of them are living on the borderline of poverty and also technically insane.