Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A visit from Boodle

I received my second Melb visitor but the first one to stay with me! Boodle War is on the traditional Aussie backpacker tour and swung by München to check it out. 

Drinks had been planned with my labmates to respect of the abilities of our two Asian families and the nation. We ended up going to The Martini Club on Theresienstr. where we classed it up by drinking, you got it, martinis.


 
Boodle with her Dirty Al Capone. It was like inhaling ethanol.

Sipping the rest of my Bellini Martini (fun to say!)

 
Patri enjoys those Chocolate Martinis

 
My giant head with Caro. 

 
All watched over by the patron saint of the venue, Dita Von Teese 


Maybe it says something but Boodle and I somehow polished off three martinis each in the space of 2.5 hours while everyone else stuck to one or two. Not that it seemed to actually affect us in anyway.

Because shops are closed on Sunday, we kicked off the day with brunch at my local (So. Much. Cheese.) followed by a mega walk around the various districts and then along the river where we saw many happy sproggies (dogs) and this giant pair of swans.


On Monday, Boodle continued on her adventure to Frankfurt and Berlin. Happy travels, Boodle!