Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Amandine had sent me an excited email during the week - her firm was having their annual ski trip in Garmisch-Partenkirchen which is a mere 1.5 hour train ride from Munich! Would I like to join them for some scheefahren?! Alas, I was already booked for Starkbier (ouch!), but I would be able to come on Saturday evening once my hangover subsided and join them for dinner and perhaps crash overnight, do some sightseeing on Sunday, and then scum a lift back to Muenchen on their coach! And so I did!
Being Asian in a nightclub after dinner!

At dinner, the firm handed out some prizes to people for various 'achievements' on the slopes. This was one of them!

The next morning, we decided that we were too hungover and/or sore to go to the slopes so we did some sightseeing around the super-suess town that is G&P. 
Nestled as it is in the Bavarian Alps, it sure is pretty.


I think this might be the famous Wank mountain! I could be wrong though. 

Walking through the town, we all sighed at how *German* it looked with the whitewashed walls, sloped roofs, and dark wood panelling

kekeke

Argh! Just look at this haus!

More pretty...

...and more mountains!

We stopped for at some cafes for tea and lunch (I had a dampfnudel hehehe) but ultimately, my god this was such a hardcore weekend...I was glad to sleep on the coach ride back :D

No comments: