Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring....here at last?!?!?

When Pooey lived in London, she used to complain to me that she felt sad during the Winters and that she suffered from Seasonal Affective Disorder. I pooh-poohed this but I will say that lately I've been feeling down, not helped by changes to my sleeping pattern (waking up around 4:30am) and being off my food enough that people had commented on it. It also reached a point that when I looked at myself in the mirror, I would actually think * wooh, you're looking pale today!* And for each day that I got hopeful that it was getting warmer and scouring patches of grass for the crocuses peeping through, another cold and cloudy day crushed my dreams.


But this week, after a long Winter, the temperature today managed to hit TWENTY-ONE DEGREES for the first time since...I don't know, October?! I managed to convince one of the other postdocs to get some Vitamin D with me by walking to the mensa and getting...THE FIRST ICE CREAM OF THE SEASON!!! We then sat on the balcony soaking up the sunshine into our pasty white skin. It was glorious and this bout of sunny weather is expected to last the entire weekend. It's forecast to rain on Monday with the temperature set to return to single-digit figures but hopefully this blast will keep me for a while and I'll keep out for when the leaves pop out :D

2 comments:

Pooey said...

It's laughable to get excited about 20+ degrees but see?!?! What happened to me, happened to Moo too.

mallymoodle said...

I mo :( Four months of cold weather is too much for us who are used to mild southern winters