Sunday, March 18, 2012

Welcoming another Aussie to Muenchen!

A couple of months of ago, I got a message from Amy saying that a friend of hers was moving to Muenchen for a few months, would I mind showing him around? To that I said, "Ja, kein Problem!"


And so on a gloriously sunny day, I met up with Hito and showed him around the Old City parts of Munich, from the river to the various Tors, and looked around a few shops. While advising him on buying lederhosen (not yet accomplished), I also took advantage of having company in a Tracht shop to buy a new dirndl.
Not the colours I was looking for (I was hoping to get a black one so I could get away with just changing the apron) but everyone says red suits me better. I agree!


During our conversation, he mentioned that, like me, he really missed eating Asian food. So we went to Takumi ramen to get some noodles in us! 
Hito is very amused that you can only buy weissbier in volumes of 500ml and up

My *small* kirin in comparison!

My gomoku ramen...it was a bit weird, I think I can cross it off the list for future eating.


I really wanted his Aussie/Jap assessment of the authenticity but alas, he'd picked up a cold since moving here and said we'd have to return for another trial. Dammit :P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha YUM YUM!!!!!