Friday, March 02, 2012

My first world problems.

On the theme of memes, I had some real first world problems this week. 


Firstly, last weekend I had the apartment all to myself. That was great because I got to make myself a giant pot of curry...but being the only person at home and eating the same meal over and over again meant that by Sunday night I had only half-filled the dishwasher. And so I made myself some eat some things (e.g. ice cream, cooked something extra for lunch) just so I could dirty up some dishes to be cleaned. *sigh*


And then this week I was buying a book for my kindle using a gift card in $US when I received a message saying that since I was in Germany, why didn't I register my kindle to amazon.de? Then I could purchase in €! So I did. Then I discovered that the credit from the gift card is only useable on the US site because it was in $US! And then I learned that if I registered my kindle back to US amazon, I could potentially lose my already purchased books because the international amazons run independently of each other! :O And so I lost the rest of the credit. Okay, it was only $3.11 but that was only $0.88 less than the book I wanted to buy!  

No comments: