Thursday, September 27, 2012

Auf gehts, Biohazard, auf gehts!

A few months ago, someone put up a poster in our building advertising and inter-departmental fussball (soccer) tournament. What followed was a few weeks of Markus pestering me saying that I should join the team because people won't tackle me since I'm so small and cute, when the reality is I'm a vicious and battle-hardened warrior. No dice. Eventually, he did manage to scrounge up enough guys in the department to field a team. Then a few days before, we found out that there would be a few trophies to win - including a BEST CHEER SQUAD!!! Well, I believe that my shrill tones and hyperactive bouncing could go a few miles there! And so, the Biohazard Mannschaft (men's team) and Anfeurer (Cheerleaders) were born!

Die Biohazard Mannschaft warms up...

and in action!

GO TEAM!!! 

Despite not losing any games and scoring the most goals in the group stages, we were unfortunately knocked out in the quarterfinals by penalty shoot-out, 7-6 (i think). Schade. But with our choreographed dances, loud cheers, and costumes, I am proud to say that we won Best Cheerleaders! HOORAY!!!
The two teams together!

No comments: