Thursday, September 06, 2012

German Greepy Grawlies

Funny thing, many of the Germans I meet here have been to Australia :D. But funnier, one of the more common things I hear from Germans who haven't been to Australia is that they're afraid to head over because of all the creepy crawlies in Australia that might kill them. You know, stuff like spiders, snakes, sharks, jellyfish, dropbears. 

Well, I would like to give a shout out to the weird things in Germany that can also kill you! You know, stuff like BATS WITH RABIES (incidentally, I saw a dead bat on the footpath near work. It was a lot smaller than a fruitbat...but still!!!), ticks that can spread encephalitis, and giant horseflies. And then there's this...

I think this giant, weird looking slug (admit it, it looks like a geoduck :P) was big enough that, if I weren't looking out properly, I could have squished and slipped on it!