Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A tale of two dresses

Before Wiesn, I went to H&M to find some things for Spuey and I ended up purchasing a dress. The price was...shall we say, surprising. Even the shopgirl was surprised when it came up on the register to the extent that she made a double-take.
And here it is! A striped jersey dress. 

Then last weekend, I was walking around Lehel with Ames when I passed by Lacoste and saw a dress in the window. "That's a nice dress!" I said to Ames and she agreed that it was a dress that suited me in cut and colour. So I went inside and I tried it on - and it did! I decided to purchase it because it's a perfect dress for winter...but we were both a little gobsmacked by the price although it wasn't beyond my means.
And here it is! Soft merino wool with stripes scarlet and cranberry.

So despite the similarity of appeance, all I can say is that the Lacoste dress is approximately...oh, 34 times what I paid for H&M. So figure it out!

No comments: