Thursday, October 10, 2013

Yen-C Hot Pot

Continuing on the theme of soup, Swisschris and I were going to get some pelmeni for dinner only to find that the restaurant we were going to visit had closed down a month ago :( I suggested that since it was snowing*, that we should go get some hotpot, and that we should go to a newish place, Yen-C. 

Moment of hilarity - after scoring a table, I ordered a spicy soup and so did Swisschris, much to the concern of the waiter who asked him repeatedly in a number of different ways whether he was 'sure', because you know, white Germanic looking guys + chilli = death. Eventually the waiter brought our pots of soup and asked Swisschris if he could handle it. 
Pretty spicy looking!
We had two rounds of going nuts on the seafood. I think I ate at least 4 prawns and a few mussels. But while we were waiting for our pots to heat up, we also went for a round of the basic Chinese food buffet that was there. Did we eat deep fried wings? Yes we did! To his amazement, I also went a round of dessert because I wanted some red bean balls and banana fritters :D Anyway people, don't go here. Just let me be the one to eat okay? Kthanxbai. 

*Seriously. It wasn't staying on ground, but it was snow. Swisschris tried to convince me that it was just rain but when he put his arm out, there was a great white blob on this dark sleeve and he had to concede that it was indeed snowing on OCTOBER 10. 

No comments: