Friday, October 25, 2013

Celebratory meal!

I had my regular check up today and was cleared! But like all check ups, I had to spend the last day fasting and drinking clear fluids while purging. Ugh. It wasn't so bad though - I spent the day working from home and finished a large section of reviewer comments on a manuscript we'd submitted.

Following clearance and being told I was perfectly healthy except for possibly being a bit zinc-deficient, I was ready to eat again (although the hospital gave me some chocolate)! I was messaging Pooey with the decision that I needed zinc-rich food...and so I settled on sushi.

I went somewhere that I've been meaning to check out since I read about it being described as the best Japanese restaurant in Munich - Shoya. It t turns out there are a few Shoyas in Munich so I went to the one that was located in the same square as Orlando and the Hofbrauhaus. I chose a weekday lunch bento the chirashi bento with a side of hiyayakko.
Mmmm, cold tofu.

Bento baby, yeah! 

It lived up to the hype for the most part. It's been a while since I had hiyayakko and I guess it seemed the same. The bento was also pretty good although it had the texture of fish that has been frozen - not their fault given our distance from the ocean. My biggest disappointment was my own fault - I saved the squid for last. I don't know why I do that since I'm well aware that defrosted squid has a slimy texture. I should have eaten it first and then had the salmon last. Anyway, it was good enough to tide me over until I can hit Sushi Train Hotaru again. 

No comments: