Sunday, October 27, 2013

Saturday night party night.

I had two equally joyous, equally chaotic parties on the weekend! Party 1 was to celebrate Shadya's birthday. A proud Colombian, she's aware that sometimes you just have to make-do with the closest possible variant. As such, she held a party at the local Mexican party.You know what that means...
PINATA BABY, YEAH!!!

This was actually a bit scary - Shadya has a lot of friends and the last thing you really need is someone who's blindfolded, been spun around, and wielding a stick.
But otherwise, here's some smileytimes with the birthday girl, Ziad and Demi. 

Party 2 was to celebrate Markus finally having successfully defended his thesis. Seriously, LMU kept him waiting nearly 18 months after submission. And since he did it on a biological marker for medulloblastoma, he wasn't even familiar with the field anymore! Needless to say, this was worth celebrating. Having entered his party with two beers, a prosecco and a margarita under my belt, when asked if I was drunk yet, I said, "No!" to which Markus, Ritchie, Markus' brother and I down a shot of jaegermeister. And then cherry schnapps. And then another cherry schnapps. This was done in the space of about an hour-hour and a half. At some point, I noticed Markus' gf was putting her jacket on so I went outside to say goodbye. All I can say is that I really wish I was mindful enough to take a photo of his shameful outside while everyone laughed. But on the other hand, doctorate achieved - take THAT, braincells!

No comments: