Saturday, October 19, 2013

Grainau - Day 2

Following the standard breakfast buffet, work commenced with us again taking a walk around Grainau and forest at the base of the mountain. Unlike the previous day, it was sunny and actually quite warm.
It was mighty tempting to sit down and soak up the rays on this pig bench!

But instead we continued through the forest where the light gently spilled through the trees,

And onto the lake,

Landing perfectly onto this bench by the lake.

Oh hello! As we stood by the lake, all these ducks and (I think) trout came over, ready to be fed! I could have fed myself on them :D

Awesomely clear blue skies...

If you compare these photos from the ones from the previous entry, you'll see that the snow has visibly receded! Hurrah!

God, it's so disgustingly pretty

Anyway! After another morning's session of science, we settled into our last gourmet lunch. The lunch entree was a salad with mushrooms but I forgot to photograph it. The lunch main was another story altogether. 
YES. RABBIT WITH BROAD BEANS AND SCALLOPED POTATOES. IT WAS WORTH IT!

Eventually, we all rolled out onto the Autobahn back to Munich. At some point, I noticed that despite the fact that we were a large (and full) vehicle, we seemed to be overtaking everyone. Leaning over (I was in the front seat), I saw that Markus was driving at...180kmh!!! When I mentioned the speed, he said, "We'll get back to Munich faster!" Unfortunately, there was a traffic jam near Donnersbergerbruecke so we didn't really.
But I did get to take this lovely photo of the moon near Grosshadern.

No comments: