Sunday, February 23, 2014

Milka World and Chocolaterie Beluga

I'm part of a chocolate lovers' group and this weekend we paid a trip to Milka World in the Schrannenhalle. For those who don't know, Milka is a Swiss chocolate brand whose symbol is a purple cow.
As demonstrated here, outside of the Schrannenhalle

And here, inside Milka Welt!

So what was it like? To be honest, it's like M&M World in that there's heaps of merchandise that doesn't seem to be feasible and yet...is.
I mean, it's got the usual plush toys based on cows, and other assorted knick-knacks like cups and lunch boxes...

But it also had this bad that was decorated like lederhosen - Longchamp aren't the only ones!

And you can use that bag with your Milka branded tracht! Not pictured are the lovely purple-trimmed lederhosen that could be purchased.

But the most surprising thing about Milka Welt is that the chocolate was actually quite cheap! I wasn't the only one who thought so - come of my German companions expressed the same sentiment that they thought it would quite more expensive due to the presence of more obscure things like instant brownie mixes and mini cupcakes.

After buying Milka to our hearts' delight, we headed off to the nearby Chocolaterie Beluga where I was conflicted as to which flavour of hot chocolate I should have.
Seriously, there were many different flavours to choose from, including alcoholic flavours, but I eventually settled on 'Hot Chili'.

You buy the chocolate, the cafe supplies the hot and frothy milk...

into which you dunk the chocolate!
It was all quite lovely and it did actually have a bit of chili kick. I'm definitely going to have to return to this cafe and work my way through all the possible flavours.

No comments: