Monday, August 11, 2014

Crankypants

This past weekend, I ended up working what is considered an extra days' work outside of working hours. How did this happen, do you ask? I was asked on Friday lunch time to complete some powerpoint slides for my new (current) boss...and he wanted them by Tuesday. That doesn't seem like too short a time frame except that I hadn't completed the analysis he wanted for the slides and there was no way I would have been able to do it that day. The only solution was to do as much as possible on Friday night. But I also had to finish a manuscript as quickly as possible and send it to the other authors before the start of the weekend. Better do that after I finish the slides. And then I had to finish a project report for my old group, despite the fact that, you know, I don't work for them anymore. By Sunday afternoon, with the progress report open on my laptop and the sun shining outside...I felt like throwing my computer out the window because I was working on a stupid report while the sun was shining outside!

Luckily for me, a friend was able to answer my call of distress and we went to a biergarten to calm my nerves with alcohol.

But !%$king hell, I've still got to finish that report >.<

No comments: