Thursday, May 12, 2005

Finally!

After months of working and re-working, the hurdle part of my thesis, the Literature review, was handed in today. I think i'll take the rest of today off from working on honours stuff - no journal searching, no article writing, no experiment planning, no nothing. Just sleep.

And tomorrow, I'll digi-photo my H&E slides even though I think theyre of bad quality. In the course of processing, the centres of sections look like they've deteriorated. I was originally thinking that that was a result of a flaw in my technical handling of them - eg cutting when the section was too warm so that it crumbled when run across the blade, but underneath the microscope, it looked less like a tear so much as a crack. It was suggested to me that it may be due to poor tissue fixation. After all, the tissues weren't perfused so perhaps the formalin wasnt able to fully permeate it. I don't know.

No comments: