Monday, May 02, 2005

Project update!

Today had all the signs of being a crappy day. I woke up at 7:30 feeling tired but dragged my sorry ass out of bed cos Monday morning is gym morning. On the train, I had the sun shining in my face for pretty much the whole ride. When I got to the tram, it was crowded and wouldnt let me on. When I got to the gym, my card was desensitised so I couldn't enter, and I left my water bottle on my desk. Without my bottle I simply couldn't do the cardio for as long as I would have liked so my workout was only half-assed. At 11-ish, after gym I had a meeting with my supervisor about my project and lit review, both of which I had done very little in the week.

BUT somehow, the meeting ended up ok and we managed to get some direction out of where I was going! Then, I had a 2 hour lunch with Mandy and Nicky, followed by negotiations with Laura in the histopathology lab about when I could come in and do some staining. Then, I had another meeting with my supervisor about slide scoring which John sat in on, and we all had a bit discussion about whether my hypotheses were viable and he gave me insight into what he'd ask me in my defence! Then, I went down to histopathology and cut some practice sections, and had a big discussion about the OC/Summerland/One Tree Hill and Chad Michael Murray with Laura.

I ended up leaving uni at 6pm, but it was a good day!

No comments: