Monday, May 16, 2005

Hold on tight

I'm feeling philosophical today. Do you ever think about how crappy things can make you more appreciative of when things go well? I had a terrible 2004 which has made me want to fix up a lot of things that I realised I was ignoring because I didn't want to deal with having to make the hard decisions. And now I'm happier. I wouldn't say I'm in a purple patch right now, but I'm definitely feeling a lot more settled and satisfied than I did say this time last year, or even a few months ago.

This might be tied into the level of work I'm doing right now. There's enough to make me feel productive rather than just wasting time coming into uni, but not so much that I'm constantly thinking I have to complete a certain experiment by such and such hour. This will likely change in a few weeks.

I think I've been fired from the florist. And while I was kind of dreading it because it means my income is no longer what it was, it's like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and the world is beautiful again. Yes it is. Of course I'm going to have to be economical, but if I'm just doing my work at uni, I guess I shouldn't be blowing a few hundred in one day like I was last year.

That's right Mandy, I'm talking about our shopping adventures! ;)

No comments: