Sunday, December 25, 2005

Adrien Brody


Unlike my attraction to The Captain in The Sound of Music, and Prince Stefan from Disney's Sleeping Beauty, I can't seem to figure out why I find Adrien Brody attractive.

With his long nose and thin face, he's not typically good looking. In fact, he kinda reminds me of Mark Tj (for those who know him).

I saw him first in the The Pianist and its accompanying publicity and remember thinking *gee, he's ugly...but not bad*. I think the appeal from Pianist was that he was an ordinary man in an extraordinary situation, dressed in '40s style clothing. It suited him, although he got a bit caveman-like when things got ro
ugh(er) for this character.

In any case, he then became a Zegna model and we started seeing him in shots like the one above.


He is also now the *love interest* in King Kong (review coming soon). As Jack Driscoll, Adrien Brody plays a gamma hero dressed in 30s clothing and I've got to admit, I really liked that too. I never thought of him as an action man before, but you know its nice that he can also play lover/hero roles...although the kiss scene looked kinda funny because of his long nose.

But you know, I think he really had me when he did this:
I remember screaming with mirth when I watched him do this to Halle Berry and thinking, who can't love a man who can do stuff like this in front of a live audience and will be broadcast to millions? Adrien Brody is a man with style and we need more of those in the world. Oh yeah, and his voice isn't bad either.

No comments: