Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The End of the Explosion and *stardom* returns!!!

For those who read this last week or have seen me and asked what I'm doing now, TODAY was CHEMICAL DISPOSAL DAY.

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!

The disposal guys came in at a little past 10 and took away the 100 chemicals that I'd earmarked for disposal. Zisos the EHS guy was there to supervise and told me that when the guys make a shocked *foof* sound - thats never a good thing. These guys are pros...and for them to look at the some of the stuff and be shocked...well thats never a good thing! Now I can rest a lot easier that the whole place isn't going to go down in flames (threw out most of the explosive hydrocarbons) and that cancer isnt going to spread throughout the place (ditto the carcinogens).

A drawback to this is that Zisos figured that since I look young enough, and crappily dressed enough to be a student, he recruited me to be an extra in an EHS video to be shown to first years about various safety things. I don't know if my acting lessons as a child helped (yes, music and sport be damned!), but I did manage not to laugh.

No comments: