Friday, December 30, 2005

Sydney

It doesn't have the same ring compared to where I spent last NYE, but it's a change of scenery. I've been here since the 28th and I've already changed skin tones *sigh*.

So far while I've been here, I've gone grocery shopping, not clothes shopping because I discovered yesterday that I still haven't been paid :(. As such, this will probably be my most expense-free holiday in years! I'm planning to go to the gallery (hope that's free) or walk around. Today I went to the beach for the first time in years and I got my first sunburn for the first time in years. It's on my shoulders and a little on my nose.

I went Bondi which is an ocean beach and those waves really pick you up and dunk you down! I went in over my head even though I've been warned that going into ocean water with contact lenses isnt really safe. I went out to the sandbar, jumped around in the water and went back. This went on for four hours, hence my sunburn. I also saw a lot of women not wearing their tops and looking at my tan lines...kinda wondering if i'd ever work up the bravery to do that too

My sister has a theory that the further north you go, the skankier the cities become and she's right. I mean sure, I've seen plenty of butt cracks (helloooo south lawn!) but until today, I had never seen butt crack coming out of a SKIRT. And it wasnt a little weenie hipster denim skirt, it was a full elastic-waist gypsy style skirt. That's just wrong.

NYE party planned in Kirribilli - seey'all later!

No comments: