Thursday, December 08, 2005

Oh my!

Alors! It's been a busy few days since my last post.

Firstly, I got a full time job! Well, it'll be full time for about 2 or 3 weeks or however long it takes me to do. I'm working for the Ed. Fac. at Latrobe as their practical technician. Basically what that means is that I'm cataloguing 30 years accumulated chemicals and will then organise their laboratory until it passes government conditions. And oooo, right now, that lab is a HOLE full of toxic chemicals! I was interviewed on Monday and asked to start on Tuesday in order to get a heap of chemicals thrown out by Wednesday 14/12. I saw the lab momentarily on Monday, but on my first proper poke around, I found
  • 2 bottles of Benzene sitting on a shelf - carcinogenic and causes genetic mutations
  • hydrogen peroxide (unstable) sitting next to motor oil (KABOOM!)
  • sodium crystals in a rusty tin (KABOOM!)
  • 2.5L bottle of carbon tetrachloride sitting on a shelf - poisonous carcinogen
  • calcium carbide, which explodes when it hits water, in a RUSTY CAN
Aiyo! I could probably get a heap of chemicals thrown out by next week, but the lab won't be in (my idea of) functional for at least another week after that. I wonder if I can organise new chemical storage facilities...mmm, its like redecorating.

Secondly, changes in appearance. No, I have not permed my hair, but ppl are telling me they think I've lost weight! I'd give a great *oh yay!* but I suspect it may just be due to my summer clothes being tighter than my winter ones. Even if I am looking better, it's offset by the fact that I seem to have re-crippled myself. The old ankle is playing up and for the last 2 days I've been doing some serious limping. I drove yesterday, and since it was the GoGo-mobile (heh), that clutch didnt feel too good.

I also finally saw Harry Potter 4 - review coming in a few days!

No comments: