Monday, December 12, 2005

The Beetle Battle

There I was, happily riding home from work, reading my book (Lolly Scramble by Tony Martin) when I felt something tickle/pinch my arm. Imagine my horror when I found a bright green (actually, the colour was quite nice, it was like burnished metal that changes colour when you alter the angle of light) BEETLE/SCARAB looking thing on my arm!!!

With a little shriek (hate bugs) I flicked it off my arm for it to land ON MY SKIRT. With another shriek, I stood up and flicked it onto the floor of the bus. I then settled back down with the book, ignoring the curious gazes of my fellow passengers. But alas. I could hear a little whirring sound and found the beetle headed straight back towards me! I stood up and the beetle and i duked it out for the seat...but to no avail.

I conceded defeat, and once again ignoring the mocking gazes of the passengers, changed seats. I then took a photo with my camera of the blasted thing...but my phone is charging so i cant load the photo yet.

Alice - 0, Beetle - 1

No comments: