Sunday, March 19, 2006

Oh man

All this stuff has happened in the last two days but I don't think I can be bothered going into them in detail.

Firstly, Friday was Queenie's birthday. After fretting for a week over trying to contact the manager to confirm the booking and food, it all went off ok. Well, the night at the bar ended on quite an unpleasant note [edit - everything has now been cleared up so its fine], with few post-party hijinjs. I ended up grabbing a very late dinner and spending about an hour fruitlessly searching for a taxi, I managed to get home at nearly 4am.

Saturday 10am, I was woken up by my brother asking me to help him prepare his place for his housewarming party. All I can say about that is:

I wish I hadn't spent so long blowing up balloons
I wish he had followed my advice about setting up an *entry fund* to pay for any carpet cleaning
I really should not have caved into my parents' wishes that I *chaperone*
Having agreed to be the chaperone, I should not have spent 3 hours at another party
Obnoxious drunks really get my goat
You deserved to be threatened with a knife, asshole

Well, I think that's it for today. In future news, having read the graphic novel, I'm now really looking forward to seeing V for Vendetta (see here for info about the graphic novel). It opens here next week. Who wants to go see it?!

No comments: