Sunday, June 18, 2006

Memorable songs, crappy movies

Today I discovered Three Men and a Little Lady was on TV and I made my brother change the channel from the footy so I could watch it. It's alright, you can laugh all you want. The movie is a sickly-sweet follow up to the original blockbuster and features the last hurrahs of Tom Selleck, Ted Danson and Steve Gutenberg in their 80s-glory, and Nancy Travis with a bad English accent. But I persevered and was finally rewarded with that song over the end and the closing credits - Waiting for a Star to Fall by Boy Meets Girl. *sigh* Such a cutesy song that brings me to many early 90s memories. This then got me thinking about movies that are horrendously crap but live on in some song that came from their awesome soundtracks, and came up with the list below:

I Will Always Love You & I Have Nothing - The Bodyguard
Everything I Do, I Do It For You - Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves (wooh, there's a shocking movie!)
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Mannequin
Fame - Fame
Into the Groove - Desperately Seeking Susan

Man, compiling this list was a lot harder than I thought it would be! Feel free to suggest any of your own.

No comments: